PART 3 PART 3 REGISTER OF ELIGIBLE AUDITORS
5. Registrar to keep a register of persons eligible for appointment as auditors in the Abu Dhabi Global Market
In accordance with section 1039, the Registrar shall keep a register of eligible auditors in electronic form in accordance with the following regulations of these Rules.
6. What the register is to contain
(1) The register must contain in relation to an eligible auditor –
a) its name and the address of its principal place of business;
b) its registered number;
c) the address of each of its offices from which it carries out audit work in the Abu Dhabi Global Market;
d) information as to how the firm is to be contacted, the primary contact person and, if it has a website, its address;
e) the name and business address of each individual responsible for audit work in the Abu Dhabi Global Market on behalf of the firm;
f) the name and address of the recognised professional body under whose rules it is eligible for appointment as an auditor and any registration number which such body has allocated to it;
g) in the case of a firm which is a member of a network:
i. the name of the network;
ii. a list of the names and addresses of the other members of that network and of the affiliates of all the members of that network or a reference to the address of a website or any other place where that information is available to the public.
7. How the register is to be maintained and inspected(1) The Registrar shall be the body responsible for the keeping of the register and making it available for inspection by electronic means.(2) The Registrar shall ensure that the information contained in the register may be inspected in each of the following ways –(a) alphabetically by name of eligible auditor;(b) by reference to registration numbers;(c) by reference to recognised professional bodies; and(d) by business address.
8. Obligations of eligible auditors with respect to maintenance of the register(1) Each eligible auditor shall co-operate with the Registrar for the purpose of ensuring that the Registrar enters on the register the information required by these Rules in respect of each person eligible and willing to be appointnted as an auditor in the Abu Dhabi Global Market.(2) It is the duty of each eligible auditor to send to the Registrar (in electronic form prescribed by the Registrar from time to time) for entry on the register any changes to that information set out in paragraph 6, including that relating to persons who became eligible for appointment as auditors on or after the date on which it was first filed.(3) It is the duty of each eligible auditor to take reasonable care to ensure that the information sent by it under these Rules is accurate and correct and that, in the case of information required under paragraph (2), it is sent to the Registrar within the period of 10 business days beginning with the day on which the body becomes aware of the relevant change.
9. Duty of Registrar to provide access to the register(1) The Registrar shall provide facilities by which any person may inspect the register by electronic means, at any reasonable time during a business day.(2) Any person inspecting the register through the facilities referred to in paragraph (l) may require a copy of any entry on the register relating to a particular individual or firm.(3) The Registrar providing the facilities referred to in paragraph (l) may charge a person not exceeding US$100 for a copy of an entry on the register.
10. Annual renewal of recognition as eligible auditor(1) Each eligible auditor shall send to the Registrar each year (in electronic form prescribed by the Registrar from time to time) an application for renewal of recognition as an eligible auditor.(2) Each person applying for renewal of recognition as an eligible auditor pursuant to these Rules shall provide such other information as the Registrar may require to demonstrate such applicant's continued eligibility and suitability to be an eligible auditor.(3) Each eligible auditors shall pay the prescribed renewal fee of US$1,200 (or such other amount as may be set by the Registrar from time to time).
11. Removal from register of eligible auditors(1) In the circumstances specified below the Registrar may remove an individual or a firm from the register of eligible auditors.(2) An eligible auditor may be removed by the Registrar on the following grounds —(a) where the eligible auditor is convicted of a criminal offence in the United Arab Emirates, or the jurisdiction of the relevant professional body (if any) under whose rules it is eligible for appointment as an auditor;(b) where the eligible auditor fails to submit an annual renewal application or pay the prescribed renewal fee in accordance with the terms of Rule 10;(c) the Registrar is satisfied that he has been persistently in default in relation to provisions of any law or regulation in the Abu Dhabi Global Market applicable to auditors; or(d) the Registrar is satisfied that his conduct makes him unfit to be concerned in the performance of audit work in the Abu Dhabi Global Market.(3) If the Registrar proposes to remove an eligible auditor, it must give him a warning notice which must —(a) state the action which the Registrar proposes to take;(b) be in writing;(c) give reasons for the proposed action; and(d) specify a reasonable period (which may not be less than 14 days) within which the person to whom it is given may make representations to the Registrar.(4) The Registrar must then decide, within a reasonable period, whether to give the eligible auditor receiving the warning notice a removal notice which must —(a) be issued without delay;(b) be in writing; and(c) state the reasons of the Registrar for the decision to take the action to which the notice relates.(5) Upon issuance of a removal notice, the individual or firm will be removed from the register of eligible auditors.