Limited Liability Partnerships (Amendment no. 1) Regulations 2020
Regulations to amend the Limited Liability Partnerships Regulations 2015
Date of Enactment: 29 April 2020
The Board of Directors of the Abu Dhabi Global Market, in exercise of its powers under Article 6(1) of Law No. 4 of 2013 concerning the Abu Dhabi Global Market issued by His Highness the Ruler of the Emirate of Abu Dhabi, hereby enacts the following Regulations:
1. Amendments to the Limited Liability Partnerships Regulations 2015The Limited Liability Partnerships Regulations 2015 are amended as follows.…12. Notification of change of name(1) Where a limited liability partnership changes its name it shall deliver notice of the change to the Registrar.(2) Where the Registrar receives notice of a change of name it shall (unless the new name is one by which a limited liability partnership may not be registered):(a) enter the new name on the register in place of the former name, and(b) issue a certificate of the change of name.(3)
The change of name has effect from the date on which the certificate is issued.The certificate of change of name shall be in electronic form only, unless a request is made subject to section 12(4) below.(4) Any person may request that the Registrar provide it with a paper copy of any certificate of change of name, signed by the Registrar or authenticated by the Registrar's seal.(5) The Board may make rules requiring the payment of certain fees to the Registrar for the provision of the paper copy as described in subsection 12(4).…
2. Short title, extent and commencement
(1) These Regulations may be cited as the Limited Liability Partnerships (Amendment No.1) Regulations 2020.
(2) These Regulations shall apply in the Abu Dhabi Global Market.
(3) These Regulations come into force on the date of their publication.