217. Investigations etc. in support of Non-Abu Dhabi Global Market Regulator
Past version: effective from 20/10/2015 - 19/10/2015
To view other versions open the versions tab on the right
(1) At the request of a Non-Abu Dhabi Global Market Regulator, the Regulator may —
(a) exercise the power conferred by section 201; or
(b) exercise the powers conferred by section 205(1) or (2).
(2) In deciding whether or not to exercise its Investigative Power, the Regulator may take into account in particular —
(a) whether in the country, territory or jurisdiction of the Non-Abu Dhabi Global Market Regulator concerned, corresponding assistance would be given to the Regulator;
(b) whether the case concerns the breach of a law, or other requirement, which has no close parallel in the Abu Dhabi Global Market or involves the assertion of a jurisdiction not recognised by the Abu Dhabi Global Market;
(c) the seriousness of the case and its importance to persons in the Abu Dhabi Global Market;
(d) whether it is otherwise appropriate in the public interest to give the assistance sought;
(e) whether it would further one or more of the Regulator's objectives.
(3) The Regulator may decide that it will not exercise its Investigative Power unless the Non-Abu Dhabi Global Market Regulator undertakes to make such contribution towards the cost of its exercise as the Regulator considers appropriate.
(4) If the Regulator has Appointed an Investigator in response to a request from a Non-Abu Dhabi Global Market Regulator, it may direct the Investigator to permit a representative of the Non-Abu Dhabi Global Market Regulator to attend, and take part in, any interview conducted for the purposes of the investigation in accordance with section 206(1)(a).
(5) A Direction under subsection (4) is not to be given unless the Regulator is satisfied that any information obtained by a Non-Abu Dhabi Global Market Regulator as a result of the interview will be subject to safeguards equivalent to those contained in Part 16.