97. Witness statements, exhibits and witness summaries
Past version: effective from 30/05/2016 - 29/05/2016
To view other versions open the versions tab on the right
(1) A witness statement must comply with the requirements as to form set out in any relevant practice direction.
(2) Any alteration to a witness statement must be initialled by the person making the statement or by the authorised person where appropriate.
(3) A witness statement which contains an alteration that has not been initialled may be used in evidence only with the Court's permission.
(4) An exhibit used in conjunction with a witness statement should be verified and identified by the witness and remain separate from the witness statement.
(5) Where a witness statement or an exhibit to a witness statement does not comply with this Part or the provisions of the relevant practice direction in relation to its form, the Court may refuse to admit it as evidence and may refuse to allow the costs arising from its preparation.