1. Limited liability partnerships
Past version: effective from 21/10/2015 - 20/10/2015
To view other versions open the versions tab on the right
(1) There shall be a form of legal entity to be known as a limited liability partnership.
(2) A limited liability partnership is a body corporate (with legal personality separate from that of its members) which is formed by being incorporated under these Regulations and:
(a) in the following provisions of these Regulations, and
(b) in any other enactment (except where provision is made to the contrary or the context otherwise requires),
references to a limited liability partnership are to such a body corporate.
(3) A limited liability partnership has unlimited capacity.
(4) The members of a limited liability partnership have such liability to contribute to its assets in the event of its being wound up as is provided for by virtue of these Regulations.
(5) Accordingly, except as far as otherwise provided by these Regulations or any other enactment, the Partnership Act 1890 does not apply to a limited liability partnership.