7. Resolution of disputes with Data Subjects or the Registrar
Past version: effective from 21/10/2015 - 20/10/2015
To view other versions open the versions tab on the right
(1) In the event of a dispute or claim brought by a Data Subject or the Registrar concerning the Processing of the Personal Data against either or both of the Parties, the Parties will inform each other about any such disputes or claims, and will cooperate with a view to settling them amicably in a timely fashion.
(2) The Parties agree to respond to any generally available non-binding mediation procedure initiated by a Data Subject or by the Registrar. If they do participate in the proceedings, the Parties may elect to do so remotely (such as by telephone or other electronic means). The Parties also agree to consider participating in any other arbitration, mediation or other dispute resolution proceedings developed for data protection disputes.
(3) Each Party shall abide by a decision of the Court.
(4) The Parties agree that the Registrar has the right to exercise its functions and powers outlined in section 14 of the Regulations in respect of the Data Importer, in the same scope and subject to the same conditions as would apply the to Data Exporter under the Regulations.