458. Appointment of auditors of LLPs: default power of Registrar
Past version: effective from 21/10/2015 - 20/10/2015
To view other versions open the versions tab on the right
(1) If an LLP fails to appoint an auditor or auditors in accordance with section 457 (appointment of auditors of LLPs: general), the Registrar may appoint one or more persons to fill the vacancy.
(2) Where subsection (2) of that section applies and the LLP fails to make the necessary appointment before the end of the period for appointing auditors, the LLP must within one week of the end of that period give notice to the Registrar of its power having become exercisable.
(3) If an LLP fails to give the notice required by this section, a contravention of the Companies Regulations is committed by —
(a) the LLP, and
(b) every designated member of the LLP who is in default.
(4) A person who commits the contravention referred to in subsection (3) shall be liable to a level 3 fine.