835. Directors' explanatory report (division)
Past version: effective from 14/06/2015 - 13/06/2015
To view other versions open the versions tab on the right
(1) The directors of the transferor and each existing transferee company must draw up and adopt a report.
(2) The report must consist of—
(a) the statement required by section 803 (statement to be circulated or made available), and
(b) insofar as that statement does not deal with the following matters, a further statement—
(i) setting out the legal and economic grounds for the draft terms, and in particular for the share exchange ratio and for the criteria on which the allocation to the members of the transferor company of shares in the transferee companies was based, and
(ii) specifying any special valuation difficulties.
(3) The report must also state—
(a) whether a report has been made to any transferee company under section 550 (valuation of non-cash consideration for shares), and
(b) if so, whether that report has been delivered to the Registrar of companies.
(4) The requirement in this section is subject to section 846 (agreement to dispense with reports etc) and section 847 (certain requirements excluded where shareholders given proportional rights).