912. Provision for security of information obtained
Past version: effective from 14/06/2015 - 13/06/2015
To view other versions open the versions tab on the right
(1) This section applies to information (in whatever form) obtained—
(a) in pursuance of a requirement imposed under section 910,
(b) by means of a relevant disclosure within the meaning of section 911(2),
(c) by an investigator in consequence of the exercise of his powers under section 918.
(2) Such information must not be disclosed unless the disclosure—
(a) is made to such persons as the Board may designate in rules made by resolution, or
(b) is of such a description as the as the Board may designate in rules made by resolution.
(3) A person who discloses any information in contravention of this section commits a contravention of these Regulations.
(4) A person who commits a contravention under this section shall be liable to a fine of up to level 7.
(5) Any information which may by virtue of this section be disclosed to a person specified in subsection 2(b) may be disclosed to any officer or employee of the person.
(6) This section does not prohibit the disclosure of information if the information is or has been available to the public from any other source.
(7) For the purposes of this section, information obtained by an investigator in consequence of the exercise of his powers under section 918 includes information obtained by a person accompanying the investigator in pursuance of subsection (4) of that section in consequence of that person's accompanying the investigator.
(8) Nothing in this section authorises the making of a disclosure in contravention of applicable data protection legislation.