8. Administration application
Past version: effective from 14/06/2015 - 13/06/2015
To view other versions open the versions tab on the right
(1) An application to the Court for an administration order in respect of a Company (an "administration application") may be made only by —
(a) the Company;
(b) the Directors of the Company;
(c) one or more creditors of the Company; or
(d) a combination of persons listed in paragraphs (a) to (c).
(2) As soon as is reasonably practicable after the making of an administration application the applicant shall notify —
(a) any person who has appointed an administrative receiver of the Company;
(b) any person who is or may be entitled to appoint an administrative receiver of the Company;
(c) any person who is or may be entitled to appoint an administrator of the Company under Section 21 (Power to appoint);
(d) if an administrative receiver has been appointed, on him;
(e) if there is pending a petition for the winding-up of the Company, on the petitioner (and also on the provisional liquidator, if any);
(f) on the person proposed as administrator of the Company; and
(g) on the Company, if the application is made by anyone other than the Company.
(3) An administration application may not be withdrawn without the permission of the Court.
(4) In subsection (1) "creditor" includes a contingent creditor and a prospective creditor.