68. Change Of Name: Registration And Issue Of New Certificate Of Incorporation
Past version: effective from 29/04/2020 - 28/04/2020
To view other versions open the versions tab on the right
(1) This section applies where the Registrar receives notice of a change of a company’s name.
(2) If the Registrar is satisfied–
(a) that the new name complies with the requirements of this Part, and
(b) that the requirements of these Regulations, and any relevant requirements of the company’s articles, with respect to a change of name are complied with,
the Registrar must enter the new name on the register in place of the former name.
(3) On the registration of the new name, the Registrar must issue a certificate of incorporation altered to meet the circumstances of the case.
(4) The certificate of incorporation shall comply with the provisions of section 940 (Form and right to certificate of incorporation).