89. Re-registration Of Unlimited Company As Limited
Past version: effective from 29/04/2020 - 28/04/2020
To view other versions open the versions tab on the right
(1) An unlimited company may be re-registered as a private limited company if–
(a) a special resolution that it should be so re-registered is passed,
(b) the condition specified below is met, and
(c) an application for re-registration is delivered to the Registrar in accordance with section 90 (application and accompanying documents), together with–
(i) the other documents required by that section, and
(ii) a statement of compliance.
(2) The condition is that the company has not previously been re-registered as unlimited.
(3) The special resolution must state whether the company is to be limited by shares or by guarantee.
(4) The company must make such changes–
(a) in its name, and
(b) in its articles,
as are necessary in connection with its becoming a company limited by shares or, as the case may be, by guarantee.