604. Re-registration as private company in consequence of cancellation
Past version: effective from 29/04/2020 - 28/04/2020
To view other versions open the versions tab on the right
(1) Where a company is obliged to re-register as a private company to comply with section 602, the directors may resolve that the company should be so re-registered.
Chapter 3 of Part 3 (resolutions affecting a company’s constitution) applies to any such resolution.
(2) The resolution may make such changes-
(a) in the company’s name, and
(b) in the company’s articles,
as are necessary in connection with its becoming a private company.
(3) The application for re-registration must contain a statement of the company’s proposed name on re-registration.
(4) The application must be accompanied by-
(a) a copy of the resolution (unless a copy has already been forwarded under Chapter 3 of Part 3),
(b) a copy of the company’s articles as amended by the resolution, and
(c) a statement of compliance.
(5) The statement of compliance required is a statement that the requirements of this section as to re-registration as a private company have been complied with.
(6) The Registrar may accept the statement of compliance as sufficient evidence that the company is entitled to be re-registered as a private company.