10. Granting licences
(1) On receipt of an application under section 9, the Registrar may grant a licence to the applicant to carry on the controlled activity or activities to which the application relates or such of them as may be specified in the licence if the Registrar is satisfied that the applicant meets the conditions ("conditions of licence") set out in rules made by the Board.
(2) Rules made under subsection (1) may —
(a) impose different conditions in relation to different kinds or descriptions of controlled activity or different kinds of person or legal entity;
(b) require particular kinds of legal entity or organisation to comply with additional formalities, such as notarisation or registration of constitutional documents;
(c) require applicants intending to carry on particular kinds or descriptions of controlled activity to have and maintain any registration, authorisation, licence, good standing, approval, consent, permission or similar status in any jurisdiction outside the Abu Dhabi Global Market or pursuant to any other law for the time being in force in the Abu Dhabi Global Market;
(d) impose restrictions on the activities that may be carried on by particular kinds of legal entity or organisation; and
(e) impose a requirement to pay such periodic fees to the Registrar as the Registrar may from time to time specify.
(3) A licence shall be valid for such period of time as may be specified by the Registrar in its decision granting the licence. A licensed person wishing to continue to carry on, in or from the Abu Dhabi Global Market, the controlled activities for which it has a licence must, prior to the expiry of such licence, apply for and obtain a new licence in respect of such activities.
(4) If it grants a licence, the Registrar must specify the licensed controlled activity or activities, described in such manner as the Registrar considers appropriate.
(5) The Registrar may —
(a) incorporate in the description of a controlled activity such limitations (for example as to circumstances in which the activity may, or may not, be carried on) as it considers appropriate;
(b) specify a narrower or wider description of controlled activity than that to which the application relates;
(c) grant a licence for the carrying on of a controlled activity which is not included among those to which the application relates.
(6) Every licence granted by the Registrar shall set out —
(a) a unique licence number for each licence;
(b) the name of the licensed person;
(c) the operating name of the licensed person, if different;
(d) the legal status of the licensed person;
(e) the address of the licensed person in the Abu Dhabi Global Market;
(f) the issue date of the licence; and
(g) the expiry date of the licence.
(7) The grant of a licence pursuant to these Regulations shall not operate to exempt the licensed person from any requirement or obligation to obtain any other licence, approval, consent, permission, or authorisation or undertake any other formality or process pursuant to any other law for the time being in force in the Abu Dhabi Global Market, including any Federal Law having application in the Abu Dhabi Global Market.
(8) The grant of a licence, approval, consent, permission, or authorisation or completion of any other formality or process pursuant to any other law for the time being in force in the Abu Dhabi Global Market shall not operate to exempt any person from a requirement to obtain a licence pursuant to these Regulations.