11. Removal when other disciplinary power is recommended
(1) This rule applies where —
(a) advice has been provided to the Chief Justice by a person who or a body that has conducted an investigation into a case in accordance with rules made under rule 5; and
(b) that advice does not recommend the removal or suspension of a judicial office holder from office but the Chief Justice considers removal or suspension to be the appropriate disciplinary action.
(2) The Chief Justice must constitute a disciplinary panel and refer the complaint to it.
(3) The disciplinary panel must —
(a) investigate the case in accordance with rules made under rule 5; and
(b) advise the Chief Justice whether disciplinary action should be taken, and if so, what disciplinary action should be taken.
(4) The Chief Justice must consider the advice provided by the disciplinary panel before making a decision in accordance with rule 12.