147. Non-Financial counterparties
(1) Where a Non-Financial Counterparty takes positions in OTC Derivative Contracts and those positions exceed the Clearing threshold as specified under subsection (3), that Non-Financial Counterparty shall —
(a) immediately notify the Regulator;
(b) become subject to the clearing obligation for future contracts if the rolling average position over 30 Business Days exceeds the threshold; and
(c) clear all relevant future contracts within four months of becoming subject to the clearing obligation.
(2) A Non-Financial Counterparty that has become subject to the clearing obligation in accordance with subsection (1)(b) and that subsequently demonstrates to the Regulator that its rolling average position over 30 Business Days does not exceed the clearing threshold, shall no longer be subject to the clearing obligation.
(3) In calculating the positions referred to in subsection (1), the Non-Financial Counterparty shall include all the OTC Derivative Contracts entered into by the Non-Financial Counterparty or by other non-financial entities within the Group to which the Non-Financial Counterparty belongs, which are not objectively measurable as reducing risks directly relating to the commercial activity or treasury financing activity of the Non-Financial Counterparty or of that Group.
(4) The Regulator may make Rules specifying —
(a) criteria for establishing which OTC Derivative Contracts are objectively measurable as reducing risks directly relating to the commercial activity or treasury financing activity referred to in subsection (3); and
(b) values of the clearing thresholds, which are determined taking into account the systemic relevance of the sum of net positions and exposures per counterparty and per class of OTC Derivatives.