149. Minimum Age For Natural Persons For Appointment As Director
(1) A natural person may not be appointed a director of a company unless he has attained the age of 18 years.
(2) This does not affect the validity of an appointment that is not to take effect until the person appointed attains that age.
(3) Where the office of director of a company is held by a corporation sole, or otherwise by virtue of another office, the appointment to that other office of a person who has not attained the age of 18 years is not effective also to make him a director of the company until he attains the age of 18 years.
(4) An appointment made in contravention of this section is void.
(5) Nothing in this section affects any liability of a person under any provision of these Regulations if he–
(a) purports to act as director, or
(b) acts as a shadow director,
although he could not, by virtue of this section, be validly appointed as a director.
(6) This section has effect subject to section 150 (power to provide for exceptions from minimum age requirement).