149. Obligation to report transactions
(1) Authorised Persons which execute transactions in Financial Instruments shall report complete and accurate details of such transactions to the Regulator as quickly as possible, and no later than the close of the following Business Day.
(2) A Crypto Asset Exchange shall report details of transactions in Accepted Crypto Assets traded on its platform which are executed, or reported, through its systems.
(3) The obligation laid down in subsection (1) and (2) shall apply to —
(a) Financial Instruments which are admitted to trading or traded on a Recognised Investment Exchange or MTF or for which a request for admission to trading has been made;
(b) Financial Instruments where the underlying is a Financial Instrument traded on a Recognised Investment Exchange or MTF; and
(c) Financial Instruments where the underlying is an index or a basket composed of Financial Instruments traded on a Recognised Investment Exchange or MTF;
regardless of whether or not such transactions are carried out on the Recognised Investment Exchange or MTF.
(3) The operator of a Recognised Investment Exchange or MTF shall report details of transactions in Financial Instruments traded on its platform which are executed through its systems by a firm which is not subject to this section in accordance with subsection (1).
(4) The Regulator may make Rules specifying —
(a) the information to be included in reports made under subsection (1); and
(b) the manner in which such reports are to be made.
|Amended on June 25, 2018|