153. Register Of Directors
(1) Every company must keep a register of its directors.
(2) The register must contain the required particulars (see sections 154 (particulars of directors to be registered: individuals), 155 (particulars of directors to be registered: corporate directors and firms) and 156 (register of directors’ residential addresses)) of each person who is a director of the company.
(3) The register must be kept available for inspection–
(a) at the company’s registered office, or
(b) at a place specified in rules made by the Board under section 996 (rules about where certain company records to be kept available for inspection).
(4) The company must give notice to the Registrar–
(a) of the place at which the register is kept available for inspection, and
(b) of any change in that place,
unless it has at all times been kept at the company’s registered office.
(5) The register must be open to the inspection–
(a) of any member of the company without charge, and
(b) of any other person on payment of such fee as may be prescribed.
(6) If default is made in complying with subsection (1), (2) or (3) or if default is made for 14 days in complying with subsection (4), or if an inspection required under subsection (5) is refused, a contravention of these Regulations is committed by–
(a) the company, and
(b) every officer of the company who is in default.
For this purpose a shadow director is treated as an officer of the company.
(7) A person who commits the contravention referred to in subsection (6) is liable to a level 1 fine.
(8) In the case of a refusal of inspection of the register, the Court may by order compel an immediate inspection of it.
(9) Subsection (5)(b) shall not apply to a restricted scope company.