17. Determination of applications
(1) An application under this Part must be determined by the Registrar before the end of the period of 1 month beginning with the date on which it received the completed application.
(2) The Registrar may determine an incomplete application if it considers it appropriate to do so; and it must in any event determine such an application within 3 months beginning with the date on which it received the application.
(3) The applicant may withdraw the application, by giving the Registrar written notice, at any time before the Registrar determines it.
(4) If the Registrar grants an application —
(a) for a licence;
(b) for the variation or cancellation of a licence;
(c) for the variation or cancellation of a requirement imposed under section 14; or
(d) for the imposition of a new requirement under that section,
it must give the applicant written notice.
(5) The notice must state the date from which the licence, variation, cancellation or requirement has effect.