18. Restrictions on financial promotion
(1) A person ("A") must not, in the course of business, communicate an invitation or inducement to Engage in Investment Activity (the "Financial Promotion Restriction").
(2) Subsection (1) does not apply if —
(a) A is an Authorised Person or an Exempt Person;
(b) A is licensed and supervised by a financial services regulator in the U.A.E.;
(c) the content of the communication is approved for the purposes of this section by an Authorised Person or an Exempt Person; or
(d) the communication is an exempt communication under Schedule 2.
(3) In the case of a communication originating outside the Abu Dhabi Global Market, subsection (1) applies only if the communication is capable of having an effect in the Abu Dhabi Global Market.
(4) For the purposes of the Financial Promotion Restriction, "communicate" shall include causing a communication to be made.
(5) Schedule 2 specifies circumstances in which subsection (1) does not apply.