19. Service of documents by an alternative method or at an alternative place
(1) Where it appears to the Court that there is a good reason to authorise service of the claim form by a method or at a place not otherwise permitted by this Part or by a relevant practice direction, the Court may make an order permitting service by an alternative method or at an alternative place.
(2) On an application under this Rule, the Court may order that steps already taken to bring the claim form to the defendant's attention by an alternative method or at an alternative place is good service.
(3) An application under this Rule must be supported by evidence, and may be made without notice to the other party.
(4) Paragraphs (1) to (3) of this Rule apply to any document in the proceedings as they apply to a claim form, and references to the defendant in those paragraphs are modified accordingly.