225. Jurisdiction and Role of the Appeals Panel - full merits review
(1) Any decision made under these Regulations by the Regulator or Rules made by the Regulator which may affect the rights or liabilities of a person or otherwise adversely affect the interests of a person, may be referred by that person to the Appeals Panel for a full merits review.
(2) A reference under subsection (1) shall be commenced—
(a) within 30 days of the relevant decision of the Regulator; or
(b) within such further period not exceeding 30 days as may be approved by the Appeals Panel where it is satisfied that such approval is appropriate in the circumstances.
(3) In the case of an exercise of the power under section 111, the referral may be made by the Fund Manager and the Trustee of the Public Fund concerned or either of them, in addition to the Public Fund.
(4) The Appeals Panel has power to do whatever it deems necessary for or in connection with, or reasonably incidental to, the performance of its functions.
|Amended on (30 December, 2021).|