229. Permitted use or disclosure by the Registrar
(1) The Registrar may use protected information for communicating with the member in question.
(2) The Registrar may disclose protected information —
(a) to a public authority specified for the purposes of this section, or
(b) to a credit reference agency.
(3) The provisions of the Companies Regulations (Address Disclosure) Rules 2015 relating to disclosure of protected information under this section apply to LLPs.
(4) The provisions are —
(a) Part 2 (disclosure of protected information),
(b) Part 4 (matters relating to applications), so far as relating to disclosure under this section, and
(c) any other provisions of the Regulations having effect for the purposes of those provisions.
(5) As those provisions apply to LLPs —
(a) references to provisions of the Companies Regulations 2015 are to those provisions as applied to LLPs by the Limited Liability Partnerships Regulations 2015,
(b) read references to a company or proposed company as references to an LLP or proposed LLP,
(c) read references to a director as references to a member of an LLP,
(d) in regulation 1(2), for the definition of "former name" substitute —
(6) In this section —
"credit reference agency" means a person carrying on a business comprising the furnishing of information relevant to the financial standing of individuals, being information collected by the agency for that purpose, and
"public authority" includes any person or body having functions of a public nature.