259. Statements under section 258: consultation
(1) Before issuing a statement of its procedure under section 258 (the Registrar's procedures), the Registrar must publish a draft of the proposed statement in the way appearing to it to be best calculated to bring the draft to the attention of the public.
(2) The draft must be accompanied by notice that representations about the proposal may be made to the Registrar within a specified time.
(3) Before the Registrar issues the proposed statement of its procedure, it must have regard to any representations made to it in accordance with subsection (2).
(4) If the Registrar issues the proposed statement of its procedure, it must publish an account, in general terms, of—
(a) the representations made to it in accordance with subsection (2); and
(b) its response to them.
(5) If the statement of the Registrar's procedure differs from the draft published by it under subsection (1) in a way which is, in its opinion, significant, it must (in addition to complying with subsection (4)) publish details of the difference.
(6) The Registrar may charge a reasonable fee for providing a person with a copy of the draft published under subsection (1).
(7) This section also applies to a proposal to revise a statement of policy.