29. Registrar's power to require information: licensed persons etc.
(1) The Registrar may, by notice in writing given to a licensed person, require him —
(a) to provide specified information or information of a specified description; or
(b) to produce specified documents or documents of a specified description.
(2) The information or documents must be provided or produced —
(a) before the end of such reasonable period as may be specified; and
(b) at such place as may be specified.
(3) An officer who has written authorisation from the Registrar to do so may require a licensed person without delay —
(a) to provide the officer with specified information or information of a specified description; or
(b) to produce to him specified documents or documents of a specified description.
(4) This section applies only to information and documents reasonably required in connection with the exercise by the Registrar of functions conferred on it by or under these Regulations.
(5) The Registrar may require any information provided under this section to be provided in such form as it may reasonably require.
(6) The Registrar may require —
(a) any information provided, whether in a document or otherwise, to be verified in such manner; or
(b) any document produced to be authenticated in such manner,
as it may reasonably require.
(7) The powers conferred by subsections (1) and (3) may also be exercised by the Registrar to impose requirements on a person who is connected with a licensed person.
(8) "Licensed person" includes a person who was at any time a licensed person but who has ceased to be a licensed person.
(9) "Officer" means an officer of the Registrar and includes a member of the Registrar's staff or an agent of the Registrar.
(10) "Specified" means —
(a) in subsections (1) and (2), specified in the notice; and
(b) in subsection (3), specified in the authorisation.
(11) For the purposes of this section, a person is connected with another person ("A") if he is or has at any relevant time been —
(a) a member of A's group;
(b) a controller of A;
(c) any other member of a partnership of which A is a member; or
(d) in relation to A, a person mentioned in Part 1 of the Schedule (reading references in that Part to the licensed person as references to A).