3.1 This Guide has been written to assist ADGM registered entities in relation to ADGM’s data protection regime. This Guide covers:
- What is data protection;
- The five key principles of ADGM’s data protection regime;
- The rights of the Data Subject in relation to their personal data;
- The role and obligations of Data Controller and Data Processor;
- The process of transferring Personal Data and Sensitive Personal Data outside ADGM;
- The obligations to notify the Registration Authority; and
- The use of consent for the purpose of data protection.
3.2 All capitalized terms are defined in a Glossary of defined terms at Section 16 of this Guide.