4. Permitted disclosure by the Registrar to specified public authorities
(1) The Registrar may disclose protected information to a specified public authority where the conditions specified in paragraphs 2 and 3 of Schedule 2 are satisfied.
(2) In addition to the requirements of Schedule 2, a specified public authority shall deliver to the Registrar such information or evidence as it may direct for the purpose of enabling the Registrar to determine in accordance with these Rules whether to disclose protected information.
(3) The Registrar may require such information or evidence to be verified in such manner as he may direct.
(4) The specified public authority must inform the Registrar immediately of any change in respect of any statement delivered to the Registrar pursuant to Schedule 2 or information or evidence provided for the purpose of enabling the Registrar to determine whether to disclose protected information.