404. Approval And Signing Of Directors’ Report
(1) The directors’ report must be approved by the board of directors and signed on behalf of the board by a director or the secretary of the company.
(2) If in preparing the report advantage is taken of the small companies exemption, it must contain a statement to that effect in a prominent position above the signature.
(3) If a directors’ report is approved that does not comply with the requirements of these Regulations, every director of the company who–
(a) knew that it did not comply, or was reckless as to whether it complied, and
(b) failed to take reasonable steps to secure compliance with those requirements or, as the case may be, to prevent the report from being approved,
commits a contravention of these Regulations.
(4) A person who commits the contravention referred to in subsection (3) shall be liable to a fine of up to level 4.