428. Voluntary revision of accounts etc.
(1) If it appears to the members of an LLP that the LLP's annual accounts did not comply with the requirements of the Companies Regulations, they may prepare revised accounts.
(2) Where copies of the previous accounts have been sent out to members or delivered to the Registrar, the revisions must be confined to —
(a) the correction of those respects in which the previous accounts or report did not comply with the requirements of the Companies Regulations, and
(b) the making of any necessary consequential alterations.
(3) The Board may make rules as to the application of the provisions of the Companies Regulations in relation to revised annual accounts.
(4) The rules may, in particular —
(a) make different provision according to whether the previous accounts are replaced or are supplemented by a document indicating the corrections to be made,
(b) make provision with respect to the functions of the LLP's auditor in relation to the revised accounts,
(c) require the members to take such steps as may be specified in the rules where the previous accounts have been —
(i) sent out to members and others under section 405 (duty to circulate copies of annual accounts and auditor's report), or
(ii) delivered to the Registrar,
(d) apply the provisions of the Companies Regulations (including those imposing fines for contraventions of the Companies Regulations) subject to such additions, exceptions and modifications as are specified in the rules.