428. Voluntary revision of accounts etc.
(1) If it appears to the directors of a company that—
(a) the company's annual accounts, or
(b) the directors' report,
did not comply with the requirements of these Regulations, they may prepare revised accounts or a revised report or statement.
(2) Where copies of the previous accounts or report have been sent out to members, delivered to the Registrar or (in the case of a public company) laid before the company in general meeting, the revisions must be confined to—
(a) the correction of those respects in which the previous accounts or report did not comply with the requirements of these Regulations, and
(b) the making of any necessary consequential alterations.
(3) The Board may make rules as to the application of the provisions of these Regulations in relation to—
(a) revised annual accounts, or
(b) a revised directors' report,
(4) The rules may, in particular—
(a) make different provision according to whether the previous accounts or report are replaced or are supplemented by a document indicating the corrections to be made,
(b) make provision with respect to the functions of the company's auditor in relation to the revised accounts or report,
(c) require the directors to take such steps as may be specified in the rules where the previous accounts or report have been—
(i) sent out to members and others under section 405 (duty to circulate copies of annual accounts and reports),
(ii) laid before the company in general meeting, or
(iii) delivered to the Registrar,
(d) apply the provisions of these Regulations (including those imposing fines for contraventions of these Regulations) subject to such additions, exceptions and modifications as are specified in the rules;
(e) make provision for the manner in which this Chapter applies to restricted scope companies.