429. Registrar's notice in respect of accounts
(1) This section applies where —
(a) copies of an LLP's annual accounts have been sent out under section 405 (duty to circulate copies of annual accounts and auditor's report), or
(b) a copy of an LLP's annual accounts report has been delivered to the Registrar,
and it appears to the Registrar that there is, or may be, a question whether the accounts comply with the requirements of the Companies Regulations.
(2) The Registrar may give notice to the members of the LLP indicating the respects in which it appears that such a question arises or may arise.
(3) The notice must specify a period of not less than one month for the members to give an explanation of the accounts or prepare revised accounts.
(4) If at the end of the specified period, or such longer period as the Registrar may allow, it appears to the Registrar that the members have not —
(a) given a satisfactory explanation of the accounts, or
(b) revised the accounts so as to comply with the requirements of the Companies Regulations,
the Registrar may apply to the Court.
(5) The provisions of this section apply to revised annual accounts, in which case they have effect as if the references to revised accounts were references to further revised accounts.