44. Applications for Approval
(1) An Application for Approval to perform a Controlled Function in the business of an Authorised Person may be made by the Authorised Person.
(2) Such Application may be made by a person who has applied for a Financial Services Permission and will become an Authorised Person if a Financial Services Permission is granted.
(3) The Application must —
(a) comply with any applicable Rules made by the Regulator;
(b) contain, or be accompanied by, such other information as the Regulator may reasonably require; and
(c) be made in such manner as the Regulator may direct.
(4) At any time after the Application is received and before it is determined, the Regulator may require the Applicant to provide it with such further information as it reasonably considers necessary to enable it to determine the Application.
(5) Different directions may be given, and different requirements imposed by the Regulator, in relation to different Applications or categories of Application.
(6) If the Regulator decides to grant an Application made under this section, it must give written notice of its decision to each of the Interested Parties.
(7) The Regulator may require an Applicant to provide information which the Applicant is required to provide to it under this section in such form, or to verify it in such a way, as the Regulator may direct.