442. Preparation And Filing Of Accounts In Other Relevant Currencies
(1) The amounts set out in the annual accounts of a company shall be shown in United States Dollars and may also be shown in the same accounts translated into any other relevant currency.
(2) When complying with section 415 (duty to file accounts and reports with the Registrar), the directors of a company may deliver to the Registrar an additional copy of the company’s annual accounts in which the amounts have been translated into any other relevant currency.
(3) In both cases–
(a) the amounts must have been translated at the exchange rate prevailing on the date to which the balance sheet is made up, and
(b) that rate must be disclosed in the notes to the accounts.
(4) Subsection (3)(b) does not apply to the individual accounts of a company for a financial year in which the company qualifies as a micro-entity (see sections 373 (companies qualifying as micro-entities) and 374 (companies excluded from being treated as micro-entities)).
(5) For the purposes of sections 410 and 411 (requirements in connection with published accounts) any additional copy of the company’s annual accounts delivered to the Registrar under subsection (2) above shall be treated as registrable accounts of the company.
In the case of such a copy, references in those sections to the auditor’s report on the company’s annual accounts shall be read as references to the auditor’s report on the annual accounts of which it is a copy.