48. Announcement of administrator's appointment
(1) This Section applies where a person becomes the administrator of a Company.
(2) As soon as is reasonably practicable the administrator shall —
(a) send a notice of his appointment to the Company; and
(b) publish a notice of his appointment on the Registrar's website or in an English language newspaper distributed in the United Arab Emirates and available in the Abu Dhabi Global Market.
(3) As soon as is reasonably practicable the administrator shall —
(a) obtain a list of the Company's creditors; and
(b) send a notice of his appointment to each creditor of whose claim and address he is aware.
(4) The administrator of the Company shall send a notice of his appointment to the Registrar before the end of the period of seven (7) days beginning with the date specified in subsection (6).
(5) The administrator of the Company shall, as soon as reasonably practicable after the date specified in subsection (6), give notice of his appointment —
(a) if a receiver or an administrative receiver has been appointed, to him;
(b) if there is pending a petition for the winding-up of the Company, to the petitioner (and also to the provisional liquidator, if any);
(c) to any enforcement officer who, to the knowledge of the administrator of the Company, is charged with execution or other legal process against the Company; and
(d) to any person who, to the administrator's knowledge, has distrained against the Company or its property.
(6) The date for the purpose of subsections (4) and (5) is —
(a) in the case of an administrator of the Company appointed by administration order, the date of the order;
(b) in the case of an administrator of the Company appointed under Section 21 (Power to appoint), the date on which he receives notice under Section 26(2) (Commencement of appointment); and
(7) The Court may direct that subsection (3)(b) or (5) —
(a) shall not apply; or
(b) shall apply with the substitution of a different period.
(8) An administrator of a Company commits a contravention and is liable to a fine at the relevant level set out in the Fines Schedule if he fails without reasonable excuse to comply with a requirement of this Section.