5. Granting of licences
(1) For the purposes of the Regulations, a licence may be granted in respect of a controlled activity if the applicant satisfies the Registrar that—
(a) the proposed controlled activity is consistent with the objectives of the Abu Dhabi Global Market;
(b) the applicant is sufficiently capitalised, skilled and qualified to carry on the controlled activities which the applicant proposes to carry on in for from the Abu Dhabi Global Market;
(c) the legal form of the applicant is suitable to the controlled activities which the applicant proposes to carry on in or from the Abu Dhabi Global Market;
(d) the registered office or branch from which the applicant proposes to carry on the controlled activity is suitable for such purposes; and
(e) in the case of applicants who hold or have previously held a licence, the applicant has complied in all material respects with the conditions of such licence,
(2) Applicants must also satisfy the conditions of licence specified in Rules 5 to 11, as applicable.
(3) If the Registrar is satisfied that the requirements of the Regulations and these Rules are complied with, the Registrar may issue a certificate granting a licence to an applicant. The certificate shall state—
(a) the name of the licence holder;
(b) the legal form of the licence holder;
(c) the name(s) of the authorised signatories of the licence holder, together with a statement as to whether they may act severally or must act jointly;
(d) the controlled activity for which the licence holder is licensed;
(e) the registered address from which the controlled activity may be carried on; and
(f) the dates on which the licence is issued and expires.
(4) Where a licence holder proposes to carry on a controlled activity from a branch in the Abu Dhabi Global Market, the Registrar may issue a certificate stating it has registered a branch in the Abu Dhabi Global Market.
(5) The Registrar must cause to be published—
(a) on its website; or
(b) in accordance with section 988 of the Companies Regulations 2015,
notice of the certificates issued pursuant to this Rule.