5. Granting of licences
(1) For the purposes of the Regulations, a licence may be granted in respect of a controlled activity if the applicant satisfies the Registrar that—
(a) the proposed controlled activity is consistent with the objectives of the Abu Dhabi Global Market,
(b) the applicant is sufficiently capitalised, skilled and qualified to carry on the controlled activities which the applicant proposes to carry on in for from the Abu Dhabi Global Market,
(c) the legal form of the applicant is suitable to the controlled activities which the applicant proposes to carry on in or from the Abu Dhabi Global Market,
(d) the registered office or branch from which the applicant proposes to carry on the controlled activity is suitable for such purposes, and
(e) in the case of applicants who hold or have previously held a licence, the applicant has complied in all material respects with the conditions of such licence,
(2) Applicants must also satisfy the conditions of licence specified in Rules 6 to 13, as applicable.
(3) If the Registrar is satisfied that the requirements of the Regulations and these Rules are complied with, the Registrar may issue a certificate granting a licence to an applicant. The certificate shall state—
(a) the name of the licence holder,
(b) the legal form of the licence holder,
(c) the name(s) of the authorised signatories of the licence holder, together with a statement as to whether they may act severally or must act jointly,
(d) the controlled activity for which the licence holder is licensed and, where applicable, the business activity or business activities for which the licence holder is licensed,
(e) the registered address from which the controlled activity may be carried on, and
(f) the dates on which the licence is issued and expires.
(4) Where a licence holder proposes to carry on a controlled activity from a branch in the Abu Dhabi Global Market, the Registrar may issue a certificate stating it has registered a branch in the Abu Dhabi Global Market.
(5) The Registrar must cause to be published—
(a) on its website, or
(b) in accordance with section 988 of the Companies Regulations 2015,
notice of the certificates issued pursuant to this Rule.