50. Assumed rate of return on investment of damages
(1) In determining the return to be expected from the investment of a sum awarded as damages for future pecuniary loss in an action for personal injury, the Court shall, subject to and in accordance with court procedure rules made for the purposes of this section, take into account such rate of return (if any) as may from time to time be prescribed by rules made by the Chief Justice.
(2) Subsection (1) above shall not however prevent the Court taking a different rate of return into account if any party to the proceedings shows that it is more appropriate in the case in question.
(3) Rules made under subsection (1) above may prescribe different rates of return for different classes of case.
(4) Rules made under subsection (1) may in particular distinguish between classes of case by reference to —
(a) the description of future pecuniary loss involved;
(b) the length of the period during which the future pecuniary loss is expected to occur; and
(c) the time when future pecuniary loss is expected to occur.