521. Communication of pre-emption offers to shareholders
(1) This section has effect as to the manner in which offers required by section 520 are to be made to holders of a company's shares.
(2) The offer may be made in hard copy or electronic form.
(3) If the holder has no registered address in the Abu Dhabi Global Market and has not given to the company an address in the Abu Dhabi Global Market for the service of notices on him, the offer may be made by causing it, or a notice specifying where a copy of it can be obtained or inspected, to be published on the company's website.
(4) The offer must state a period during which it may be accepted and the offer shall not be withdrawn before the end of that period.
(5) The period must be a period of at least 14 days beginning—
(a) in the case of an offer made in hard copy form, with the date on which the offer is sent or supplied,
(b) in the case of an offer made in electronic form, with the date on which the offer is sent,
(c) in the case of an offer made by publication in a leading English language newspaper of the United Arab Emirates, with the date of publication.
(6) The Board may make rules that—
(a) reduce the period specified in subsection (5), or
(b) increase that period.