57. Direction to change names: supplementary provisions
(1) The following provisions have effect in relation to a direction under section 56 (power to direct change of name in case of similarity to existing name).
(2) Any such direction —
(a) must be given within twelve months of the LLP's registration by the name in question, and
(b) must specify the period within which the LLP is to change its name.
(3) The Registrar may by a further direction extend that period. Any such direction must be given before the end of the period for the time being specified.
(4) A direction under section 56 or this section must be in writing.
(5) If an LLP fails to comply with the direction, a contravention of the Companies Regulations is committed by —
(a) the LLP, and
(b) every designated member of the LLP who is in default.
(6) A person who commits the contravention referred to in subsection (5) shall be liable to a fine of up to level 4."