683. Register of debenture holders: right to inspect and require copy
(1) Every register of debenture holders of a company must, except when duly closed, be open to the inspection—
(a) of the registered holder of any such debentures, or any holder of shares in the company, without charge, and
(b) of any other person on payment of such fee as may be prescribed.
(2) Any person may require a copy of the register, or any part of it, on payment of such fee as may be prescribed.
(3) A person seeking to exercise either of the rights conferred by this section must make a request to the company to that effect.
(4) The request must contain the following information—
(a) in the case of an individual, his name and address,
(b) in the case of an organisation, the name and address of an individual responsible for making the request on behalf of the organisation,
(c) the purpose for which the information is to be used, and
(d) whether the information will be disclosed to any other person, and if so—
(i) where that person is an individual, his name and address,
(ii) where that person is an organisation, the name and address of an individual responsible for receiving the information on its behalf, and
(iii) the purpose for which the information is to be used by that person.
(5) For the purposes of this section a register is "duly closed" if it is closed in accordance with provision contained—
(a) in the articles or in the debentures,
(b) in the case of debenture stock in the stock certificates, or
(c) in the trust deed or other document securing the debentures or debenture stock.
The total period for which a register is closed in any year must not exceed 30 days.
(6) References in this section to a register of debenture holders include a duplicate—
(a) of a register of debenture holders that is kept outside the Abu Dhabi Global Market, or
(b) of any part of such a register.
(7) Subsection (1)(b) does not apply to a restricted scope company.