7. Requests for extensions of time
(1) The Registrar may extend (or further extend) any period which has been specified under any provision of these Rules even if the period has expired.
(2) Any party can request an extension of any time period specified under any provision of these Rules.
(3) Any request for a retrospective extension must be filed before the end of the period of 2 months beginning with the date the time period in question expired.
(4) Any request made under paragraph (2) shall be made on the appropriate form and shall include reasons why the extra time is required. A request for a retrospective extension shall also include reasons why the request is being made out of time.