73. Evidence of foreign law
(1) In proceedings, a person who is suitably qualified on account of his knowledge or experience is competent to give expert evidence as to the law of any jurisdiction outside the Abu Dhabi Global Market irrespective of whether he has acted or is entitled to act as a legal practitioner there.
(2) Where any question as to the law of any jurisdiction outside of the Abu Dhabi Global Market with respect to any matter has been determined (whether before or after the passing of these Regulations) in any such proceedings as are mentioned in subsection (4), then in any proceedings —
(a) any finding made or decision given on that question in the first-mentioned proceedings shall, if reported or recorded in citable form, be admissible in evidence for the purpose of proving the law of that jurisdiction with respect to that matter; and
(b) if that finding or decision as so reported or recorded, is adduced for that purpose, the law of the jurisdiction with respect to that matter shall be taken to be in accordance with that finding or decision unless the contrary is proved,
provided that paragraph (b) shall not apply in the case of a finding or decision which conflicts with another finding or decision on the same question adduced by virtue of this subsection in the same proceedings.
(3) Except with the leave of the Court, a party to any proceedings shall not be permitted to adduce any such finding or decision as is mentioned in subsection (2) by virtue of that subsection unless he has, in accordance with court procedure rules, given to every other party to the proceedings notice that he intends to do so.
(4) The proceedings referred to in subsection (2) are —
(a) proceedings at first instance in any Court;
(b) appeals arising out of any such proceedings as are mentioned in paragraph (a).
(5) For the purposes of this section a finding or decision on any such question as is mentioned in subsection (2) shall be taken to be reported or recorded in citable form if, but only if, it is reported or recorded in writing in a report, transcript or other document which, if that question had been a question as to the law of the Abu Dhabi Global Market, could be cited as an authority in legal proceedings in the Abu Dhabi Global Market.