779. Contents of annual return: general
(1) Every annual return must state the date to which it is made up and contain the following information—
(a) the address of the company's registered office,
(b) the type of company it is and its principal business activities,
(c) the required particulars (see section 780) of—
(i) the directors of the company, and
(ii) in the case of a private company with a secretary or a public company, the secretary or joint secretaries.
(d) if any company records are (in accordance with regulations under section 996 (rules about where certain company records to be kept available for inspection)) kept at a place other than the company's registered office, the address of that place and the records that are kept there.
(2) The information as to the company's type must be given by reference to the classification scheme prescribed for the purposes of this section.
(3) The information as to the company's principal business activities may be given by reference to one or more categories of any prescribed system of classifying business activities.
(4) In this Part "return period", in relation to an annual return, means the period beginning immediately after the anniversary of incorporation to which the last return was made up (or, in the case of the first return, with the incorporation of the company) and ending with the next anniversary of incorporation.