78. Stay to allow for settlement of the case
(1) A party may, when filing the completed directions questionnaire, make a written request for the proceedings to be stayed while the parties try to settle the case by alternative dispute resolution or other means.
(2) If all parties request a stay, the proceedings will be stayed for one month and the Court will notify the parties accordingly.
(3) If the Court otherwise considers that such a stay would be appropriate, the Court will direct that the proceedings, either in whole or in part, be stayed for such period as it considers appropriate.
(4) The Court may extend the stay until such date or for such specified period as it considers appropriate.