870. Copy of application to be given to members, employees, etc
(1) A person who makes an application under section 867 (application for voluntary striking off) on behalf of a company must ensure that, within seven days from the day on which the application is made, a copy of it is given to every person who at any time on that day is–
(a) a member of the company,
(b) an employee of the company,
(c) a creditor of the company,
(d) a director of the company,
(e) a manager or trustee of any pension fund established for the benefit of employees of the company, or
(f) a person of a description specified for the purposes of this paragraph by an execution decision of the Registrar.
(2) Subsection (1) does not require a copy of the application to be given to a director who is a party to the application.
(3) The duty imposed by this section ceases to apply if the application is withdrawn before the end of the period for giving the copy application.
(4) A person who fails to perform the duty imposed on him by this section commits a contravention of these Regulations.
If he does so with the intention of concealing the making of the application from the person concerned, he commits an aggravated contravention.
(5) It is a defence to such a contravention for the person who committed the contravention to prove that he took all reasonable steps to perform the duty.
(6) A person who commits a contravention of this section (other than an aggravated contravention) shall be liable to a fine of up to level 7.