872. Copy of application: provisions as to service of documents
(1) The following provisions have effect for the purposes of–
section 870 (copy of application to be given to members, employees, etc.), and
section 871 (copy of application to be given to new members, employees, etc.).
(2) A document is treated as given to a person if it is–
(a) delivered to him in person, or
(b) left at his residential or service address, or
(c) sent by post to him at his service address.
(3) For the purposes of subsection (2)(c), service (whether the expression “serve” or the expression “give” or “send” or any other expression is used) of documents by post is, unless the contrary intention appears, deemed to be effected by properly addressing, pre-paying and posting a letter containing the document and, unless the contrary is proved, effected at the time at which the letter would be delivered in the ordinary course of post and, as it applies in relation to that subsection, the service address of a person is–
(a) in the case of a firm incorporated or formed in the Abu Dhabi Global Market, its registered office,
(b) in the case of a firm incorporated or formed outside the Abu Dhabi Global Market –
(i) if it has a place of business in the Abu Dhabi Global Market, its principal office in the Abu Dhabi Global Market, or
(ii) if it does not have a place of business in the Abu Dhabi Global Market, its registered or principal office,
(c) in the case of an individual, his last known service address.
(4) In the case of a creditor of the company a document is treated as given to him if it is left or sent by post to him–
(a) at the place of business of his with which the company has had dealings by virtue of which he is a creditor of the company, or
(b) if there is more than one such place of business, at each of them.