877. Board disclaimer of property vesting as bona vacantia
(1) Where property vests in the Board under section 876, the Board's title to it under that section may be disclaimed by a notice signed by a person duly authorised by the Board.
(2) The right to execute a notice of disclaimer under this section may be waived by or on behalf of the Board either expressly or by taking possession.
(3) A notice of disclaimer must be executed within three years after—
(a) the date on which the fact that the property may have vested in the Board under section 876 first comes to the notice of the Board, or
(b) if ownership of the property is not established at that date, the end of the period reasonably necessary for the Board to establish the ownership of the property.
(4) If an application in writing is made to the Board by a person interested in the property requiring him to decide whether he will or will not disclaim, any notice of disclaimer must be executed within twelve months after the making of the application or such further period as may be allowed by the Court.
(5) A notice of disclaimer under this section is of no effect if it is shown to have been executed after the end of the period specified by subsection (3) or (4).
(6) A notice of disclaimer under this section must be delivered to the Registrar and retained and registered by him.
(7) Copies of it must be published on the website of the Registrar and sent to any persons who have given the Board notice that they claim to be interested in the property.