9. Registration of membership changes
(1) A limited liability partnership must ensure that:
(a) where a person becomes or ceases to be a member or designated member, notice is delivered to the Registrar within 14 days, and
(b) where there is any change in the particulars contained in its register of members or its register of members' residential addresses, notice is delivered to the Registrar within 14 days.
(2) Where all the members from time to time of a limited liability partnership are designated members, subsection (1)(a) does not require notice that a person has become or ceased to be a designated member as well as a member.
(3) A notice delivered under subsection (1) that relates to a person becoming a member or designated member must contain:
(a) a statement that the member or designated member consents to acting in that capacity, and
(b) in the case of a person becoming a member, a statement of the particulars of the new member that are required to be included in the limited liability partnership's register of members and its register of residential addresses.
(a) a limited liability partnership gives notice of a change of a member's service address as stated in its register of members, and
(b) the notice is not accompanied by notice of any resulting change in the particulars contained in its register of members' residential addresses,
the notice must be accompanied by a statement that no such change is required.
(5) If a limited liability partnership fails to comply with this section, the partnership and every designated member commits a contravention of these Regulations.
(6) But it is a defence for a designated member alleged to have committed a contravention of these Regulations under subsection (5) to prove that he took all reasonable steps for securing that this section was complied with.
(7) A person who commits a contravention of these Regulations under subsection (5) is liable to a [level 1 fine].