936. The Registrar's functions
(1) The Registrar shall—
(a) perform the functions conferred on the Registrar by or under the ADGM Founding Law, these Regulations, the Commercial Licensing Regulations 2015 or any other law or regulation applicable in the Abu Dhabi Global Market, and
(b) perform such functions on behalf of the Board, in relation to the registration of companies or other matters, as the Board may from time to time direct by resolution.
(2) Without limiting the generality of subsection 1(a) or (b), the functions of the Registrar shall include—
(a) the preparation indicative and non-binding guidance on these Regulations and advising the Board when any such guidance is issued;
(b) prescribing forms to be used for any of the purposes of these Regulations, the Commercial Licensing Regulations 2015 or any other regulations administered by the Registrar;
(c) any tasks and powers properly delegated to it by the Board or any other authority in the Abu Dhabi Global Market; and
(d) where it considers it appropriate to do so, delegating such of its functions and powers as may more efficiently and effectively be performed by its officers or employees and, with the approval of the Board, to any other Abu Dhabi Global Market authority (other than the Court).
(3) The Registrar shall assist the United Arab Emirates in complying with its obligations under any international treaty or other agreement to which the United Arab Emirates is a party through the exercise of its powers and functions.
(4) In exercising its powers and performing its functions the Registrar shall act in an independent manner.
(5) References in these Regulations to the functions of the Registrar are to functions within subsections (1) and (2).